Welcome to the Rotary Club of Exmoor
Member Club of Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland District: 1175 Club: 1356
This web-site shows something of what being a Rotarian is all about. The images above show some of the things we do - move your mouse over a picture to find out more.
We are a group of men and women who meet together regularly and our guiding principle is 'Service Above Self' - we organise a number of different events during the year to raise money for charities, some local, some reflecting the international nature of the Rotary organisation.
By far the largest support we give is to the Children's Hospice South West, and over the last 15 years we have raised over £100,000 for them, mainly through our two annual sponsored Exmoor Challenges. Some 20,000 children across the UK have medical conditions which means that they will not live to adulthood. The cost of running the three hospices is a staggering £8M a year.
We have also raised over £40,000 to provide over 70 Shelterboxes for international Disaster Relief.
- Latest Club News in the January 2017 Bulletin - here
- Club News updated with some Xmas & Shelterbox pics - here
- Youth Speaks - Results and photos - here.
- Youth Challenge 2017 - Invitation and Entry Form - here
- Inter-Pub Quiz Night - Thursday 30th March - info/poster here
- Exmoor Challenge sponsored walk 2nd April - info/poster here
Our Club currently has a rather nomadic lifestyle. We meet every Tuesday 12.30 for 1.00pm. Please contact our secretary for further information (Peter Gibson, Venskab Barn, Morebath, Tiverton, EX16 9AQ)
Below are the meeting venues for January/February 2017:
Site updated: February 7, 2017